按主语+ 谓语,这种顺序排列的句子是陈述语序。如果排列顺序变为“谓语（ 或谓语一部分）+主语，就是倒装。倒装句分为：
1. 当以there, here, out , in , up , down, away 等副词开头的句子，为了起到强调的作用，可构成倒装句，只把副词放在句首，主语和谓语位置调换，不加助动词。
Our teacher came in.
In came our teacher.
Here it is.
Away he went.
Here comes the bus.
Out rushed the boys.
2. how, then, just, often 表示时间的副词放在句首，可构成倒装句，只把副词放在句首，主语和谓语位置调换，不加助动词。
Then came 8 years of the Anti Japanese War.
Under a big tree ________, half asleep.
A. did sat a fat man B. a fat man sat
C. did a fat man sat D. sat a fat man
在“there + be结构中的谓语动词有时不用be , 而用表示类似存在观念的其他不及物动词。如：live, stand, come, lie, flow, enter, rise 和appear等。
There came shouts for help from the river.
There lies a large wheat field in front of the house.
Many years ago there lived an old man in the wooden house.
In front of the tower flews a stream.
5. so + 动词+主语
neither/ nor + 动词+主语
否则要用so it is with.
You can ride a bike. So can I .
He has been to Beijing. So have I .
The first one isn't good, neither is the second.
His uncle is a worker and has been working in the factory for more than ten years. So it is with his aunt.
6. so+ 形容词/副词that 的结构状语从句可以用正常语序表示，也可以把so+形容词/副词放于句首构成倒装。句型如下： so +形容词/副词+be/助动词/情态动词that +从句。
Light travels so fast that it is difficult for us to imagine its speed.
= So fast does light travel that it is difficult for us to imagine its speed.
So easy was the work that they finished it in a few days.
Gone forever are the days when the Chinese people had to use foreign oil.
8. 否定副词not , never, seldom, nowhere, little , rarely 放于句首时要用倒装句式。
We seldom get up at four in the morning.
= Seldom do we get up at four in the morning.
Not a single word from him could the enemy drag.
Rarely have I heard of such a silly thing.
9. hardly when; scarcely when no sooner than可以用正常语序 had hardly done when did 或用倒装句式Hardly had + 主语+ done when did 句式。hardly所在的句子用过去完成时。
The bell hardly had rung when the class began.= Hardly had the bell rung when the class began.
No sooner had he arrived in Beijing than he began to work.
10. not only but also 如连接两个成分时，不用倒装；连接句子时， 前面的句子要用倒装。
Not only was everything that he had taken away from him, but also his German citizenship.
Not only is he busy, but also I have a lot of work to do.
Not only does he speak English very well, but also he speaks French well.
11. only 及所修饰的副词、介词短语或状语从句放在句首时，要用：
only+ 状语+ be /助动词/情态动词+主语及其他
Only when he told me the news did I know what had happened.
Only in this way can you make progress in your English.
If I were you, I would take the job. = Were I you, I would take the job.