名师博客

251 周观凤

与狗狗有关的英文成语

与狗狗有关的英文成语。


与狗狗有关的英文成语


If you lie down with dogs, you will get up with fleas

近朱者赤,近墨者黑(如果你跟狗狗躺在一起,起来后就会惹来跳蚤)


You will acquire the faults of bad people if you associate with them.

如果你跟坏人牵扯在一起,就会染上他们的恶习。


Steven’s father warned Steven to stay away from the older group of rough- looking teenagers by saying, “If you lie down with dogs, you will get up with fleas.”

史蒂芬的爸爸为了警告他远离那群看似不良的年长青少年,因此对他说:「近朱者赤,近墨者黑。


in the doghouse 招灾惹祸(在狗屋里)


in trouble. 惹上麻烦。


Tom was in the doghouse with his wife after drinking with his friends and returning home at 3:oo am.

汤姆跟朋友喝酒喝到凌晨三点才回家,因此惹恼了老婆大人。


It’s a dog eat dog world 这是个同类相残(狗咬狗)的世界


It’s a vicious cruel world. 这是个凶险残酷的世界。


Before leaving home, Darren’s father told him, “It’s a dog eat dog world, so be careful.”

戴伦的父亲在他离家前对他说:「你要小心点,这是个狗咬狗的世界。」


Love me, love my dog 爱屋及乌(爱我,也爱要我的狗狗)


If you love someone, you should accept everything about that person, including their faults.

如果你爱某人,就应该接受那个人的一切,包括他的缺点。


When Joe asked Karen to marry him, she responded by saying, “Love me, love my dog.”

阿乔向凯伦求婚时,她回答:「你要爱屋及乌。」


You can’t teach an old dog new tricks 积习难改(老狗学不了新把戏)


It is very difficult to teach new skills or change longstanding habits or character traits in people. 要教会人们新技巧,或令他们改变积习或人格特质是非常困难的。


I tried to show my father how to use the computer, but you can’t teach an old dog new tricks.

我试著向老爸示范如何用电脑,但老狗总是学不会新把戏。


相关推荐

4008-376-377